Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Bento Lunch Day 2 #fail

Someone came home with almost a full lunch left. It was her first day of preschool without her best friend, who attends only Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays.  I am hoping that was the reason she didn't eat most of her food and that she will make new friends soon.  When I picked Leah up today she didn't want to leave.  She was still excited about school but was a little sad that she didn't know how to make friends.  I watched her struggling to be included in a small group playing on the equipment.  My heart broke a little but I know kids are so resilient.  Undeterred, she is looking forward to another day tomorrow.  And me, I am keeping my fingers crossed for naps, good eating, and now, kind friends.
What was packed.

What was left.

Tomorrow's lunch. (That's a chicken meatball.)

By the way, kids are mean.


Imagine all the post-it notes I could write and leave on people's desks every time they didn't let me do something I wanted.